The moves you make now will pay off down the line.
Maybe you're miles away from retirement. Or, perhaps it's right down the road. In any case, it's time to take steps to ensure you have the income you need for the lifestyle you want.
IRA Certificates of Deposit Rates
*A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open, maintain and earn interest on an IRA Certificate of deposit. You must maintain a minimum balance of $1,000 throughout the term of your IRA Certificate, or your IRA Certificate must be redeemed. APY is earned when interest is posted to your IRA Certificate of Deposit. APY=Annual Percentage Yield. A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal and could reduce earnings on the account. APY is accurate as of 8/3/2023.
At DATCU, we offer both Traditional and Roth IRAs, both of which can help you grow your nest egg with the help of tax advantages.
- Contribute up to $6,500 per year in pre-tax dollars (up to $7,500 if over age 50)
- In most cases, annual contributions are tax-deductible
- Taxes on interest and earnings are deferred until you start actually withdrawing money
- Contribute up to $6,500 per year in already taxed money (up to $7,500 if over age 50)
- No taxes on annual interest and dividend earnings
- No taxes on withdrawals
Before you choose, make sure you speak to a tax professional for complete details about both types of IRAs.
Check out the IRA Service Center to learn more about IRAs and plan your retirement.